Skeptical about the accessibility of a chain of islands scattered along a 700-mile stretch of water? Easy access to The Islands Of The Bahamas is a key reason this tropical playground is appealing as a year-round vacation destination.
By Chartered & Scheduled Air
There are approximately 57 airports throughout The Islands Of The Bahamas. Twenty-four of these airports are official Ports of Entry.
Frequent flights are available to Nassau/Paradise Island, Grand Bahama Island, and The Out Islands.
By Private Boat
When arriving in port, boaters should observe the following:
- Visiting boaters must clear Customs and Immigration at the nearest designated Port of Entry.
- As you enter port, fly the yellow quarantine flag and notify Customs of your arrival. Customs and Immigration will come to your vessel.
- No one other than the captain is permitted to leave the boat until your vessel has been cleared.
- Everyone on board must have proof of citizenship and fill out an immigration card. U.S. citizens can present a passport or birth certificate (original or certified copy) and an official photo ID, such as a driver's license or voter registration card.
- You must declare all onboard firearms with Customs. You must provide the firearm serial number and manufacturer, plus an exact count of ammunition. Though you are allowed to have a firearm on your vessel, you cannot take it off the vessel unless you obtain a permit from the Bahamian police ahead of time. Weapons must be under lock and key at all times. Any infraction of this law is dealt with severely.